Whenever this log records the revision of a Tree,
the supporting files (names, notes and sources),
and the Name List File are all updated at the same
4 February 2019
- History section : 110 changed records uploaded after a major editing session. No new material.
17 January 2019
- History section : another 212 records have been added to the history section which now holds 636 records
15 August 2017
- Tree 22: a new tree, now linked to the main tree, which replaces the previous "loose branch" Tree 101 . Almost doubled in size from 134 to 264 people.
26 July 2017
- Tree 17: the wrong wife was assigned to James Pluck (PL1313). This has been corrected (more detail in the Tree 17 Notes file).
5 February 2017
- Gallery section : 18 more pictures added .
20 January 2017
- Tree 18: increased from 250 people to 277 people.
27 July 2016
- Tree 8: a major update increasing the number in this tree from 107 to 146. This tree links to Trees 4, 9, 10 and 11.
11 July 2016
- Twig 11 has been revised and is now Tree 1015: two more people added. This tree links to Tree 1007.
29 June 2016
- Tree 1012 : a major update increasing the number in this tree from 196 to 260 people.
2 June 2016
- Tree 1010 : some minor modifications.
8 March 2016
- Twig 14 : some minor modifications.
6 February 2016
- Tree 14 : increased from 254 people to 268 people.
10 January 2016
- History section : 58 new records added. Three more files added to the Directory section.
1 October 2015
- Tree 1010: minor modification adding one person (Walter Torry) .
2 May 2015
- Twig 14: updated and four people added.
26 April 2015
- Tree 1007: Increased from 97 to 257 people.
17 April 2015
- Tree 14: Increased from 201 to 255 people.
10 April 2015
- Tree 1002: Increased from 68 to 134 people. This now includes an Australian branch and a small twig in New Zealand.
31 Mar 2015
- Tree 13: Increased from 67 to 105 people. Many additions made with the aid of the 1911 census.
21 June 2014
- Twig 3: Increased from 29 to 50 people. Basically three 'Twiglets' with Pluckroses from Clavering and Little Hadham with some speculative linkages.
19 June 2014
- Tree 1010: A significant update which increases the number of people from 156 to 186 and adds two more generations to the top of the tree.
12 June 2014
- Tree 1006: A major revision which increases the number of people from 101 to 303. The new tree now incorporates the former Twig 12 (38 people) and Twig 13 (25 people) as well as several people who were wrongly assigned to Tree1012.
28 April 2014
- Tree 21: Tree 105, formerly a "loose branch", is now linked in to the main tree and has been renamed Tree 21. It has increased from 22 people to 33 people.
25 April 2014
- Tree 20: Tree 106, formerly a "loose branch", is now linked in to the main tree and has been renamed Tree 20. It has increased from 15 people to 19 people. It includes an account of the data/logic which has allowed the link to be made to the main tree.
20 April 2014
- Tree 105: A major revision which increases the number of people from 66 to 113.
18 April 2014
- Tree 2: An update of the tree and the addition of Names, Notes and Sources files. No significant change to content.
16 April 2014
- Tree 12: A major revision which inceases the number of people from 16 to 29.
15 April 2014
- Tree 7: Another substantial revision after almost ten years which inceases the number of people from 69 to 81.
15 April 2014
- Tree 9: A substantial revision after almost ten years which inceases the number of people from 39 to 63.
14 April 2014
- Twig 15: A minor revision which now incorporates a more detailed investigation of the origins of the head of this Twig.
12 April 2014
- Tree 11: A substantial revision increasing the number of people from 45 to 65.
11 April 2014
- Tree 3: This tree has been substantially enlarged after the passage of almost ten years. It has grown from 28 people to 164 people, while incorporating the former Twig 4 (22 people) and the former Twig 16 (38 people).
2 March 2014
- Tree 5: some minor changes.
1 March 2014
- History section: 30 new records added.
30 October 2013
- History section: 25 new records added.
5 May 2013
- Tree 1008: a major upgrade increasing the number of people from 58 to 113.
16 April 2013
- Tree 4: an upgrade increasing the number of people from 28 to 38 and incorporating Twig 5.
13 April 2013
- Tree 105: an upgrade increasing the number of people from 69 to 89.
31 March 2013
- a new Twig 5: a very small twig with possible links to Tree 4 (see Tree 4 above : 16 Apr 2013)
28 March 2013
- Tree 8: some minor changes, the main one being the addition of a husband, Robert Hoye, for Ann Pluck
27 March 2013
- a new Twig 22 with 21 more Plucks from the Irish branch has been added.
26 March 2013
- a new Tree1014 with 51 more Plucks from the Irish branch added.
21 March 2013
- Tree1001 has been replaced by a new Tree 19 which is linked to the Main tree. It has increased from 87 to 139 people. Tree map updated
19 March 2013
- History section: completely revised and 103 new records added.
30 October 2012
- Twig 15: updated and increased from 15 to 39 people, including an Australian branch.
15 October 2012
- Tree10: some minor changes.
15 October 2012
- Tree14: updated and increased from 134 to 201 people.
27 September 2012
- Tree 6: updated and increased from 224 to 259 people. A new Canadian branch added.
10 February 2012
- History Section expanded by the addition of another 45 records.
8 November 2011
- Twig 14: updated; increased from 28 to 71 people.
21 October 2011
- Tree 18: Another 16 Australian Plucks have been added.
7 September 2011
- An addition to the Post-1900 History section
2 September 2011
- Tree1 A small but important change (thanks to Sarah Long and Boyd's Index) - the wife of the William Pluckrose, who heads the first (top) tree has been identified as Ann Brewster of Great Shelford.
21 June 2011
- Tree1003 has been replaced by Tree 18 which is linked to the Main tree. It has increased from 179 to 234 people. Tree map updated.
12 June 2011
- a minor addition to Tree8 increasing it from 107 to 124 people.
1 June 2011
- Tree1004 has been replaced by a new Tree 17 which is linked to the Main tree. It has increased from 66 to 85 people. Tree map updated.
17 May 2011
- Update to Tree1010 increasing it from 119 to 156 people.
25 April 2011
- Another 37 entries added to the History section.
5 April 2011
- Update of Tree 6 - some minor additions to the data uploaded on 23 March 2011.
23 March 2011
- Update of Tree 6 - a major update increasing the tree from 163 to 224 people.
14 February 2011
- A major revision and extension of the History section, more than trebling its size and splitting it into more manageable sections.
17 January 2011
- Update of Tree1012 - a major update increasing the tree from 133 to 196 people.
21 December 2010
- Update of Twig 11 - some minor amendments and the addition of five more people.
26 November 2010
- Update of Tree 10 - descendants of Joseph Pluck of Wendens Ambo and West Ham (increased from 130 to 192 people).
2 November 2010
- Update of Tree 1009 - the Wicklow Plucks (increased from 56 to 87 people).
24 September 2010
- Update of Twig 7 - some Dublin Plucks (21 people).
21 September 2010
- Update of Tree 1009 - the Wicklow Plucks (56 people).
20 September 2010
- A new Tree 1013 - Wicklow and Wisconsin - has been added (52 people).
19 September 2010
- A new Twig 19 - Ireland and Liverpool - has been added (27 people).
15 September 2010
- A new Twig 21 - Irish/American Plucks - has been added (28 people).
15 September 2010
- A new Twig 20 - Irish/American Plucks - has been added (38 people).
14 September 2010
- A new table of Apprentices and Masters - added to the Miscellaneous section.
11 September 2010
- Revision of the Will of John Streche - Oxborough now found to be in Norfolk and not Dorset.
29 August 2010
- Update of Tree5 - the Kent branch. Increased from 66 to 109 people.
4 August 2010
- Update of Tree13 - the Marylebone and Tonbridge branch. Increased from 55 to 67 people.
30 July 2010
- Update of Tree14 - the New Zealand branch. Increased from 76 to 134 people.
3 December 2009
- Update of The Debt of Honour Register - all but 3 of the 27 people in the Register have now been identified and their Tree and PL numbers have been recorded.
24 November 2009
- Major update of Tree 1003 - increasing it from 105 people to 179 people, including Anglo-French and Australian branches.
7 October 2009
- Revised Twig 17 - William Pluck (born and died 1855) added.
30 September 2009
- The Census section has been revised. The main change is that the 1901 census tables now list all connections (giving PL numbers and Tree numbers) to Plucks and Pluckroses who are shown in the various trees, making these table useful entry points for new visitors to the website.
16 September 2009
- Revised Tree 1012 - added eleven more people..
15 September 2009
- Revised Tree 1007 - added two more sons for Elizabeth Jane Pemberton (PL1087) by her first husband John Pluckrose.
15 September 2009
- Revised Tree 6 - the only change to the tree uploaded on 25 June 2009 is a wife and two children for Henry Pluck (PL33)..
2 September 2009
- Revised Tree 105 - increased in size from 40 to 66 people, supporting files also added.
25 June 2009
- Revised Tree 6 - added the two wives of Charles Pluck (PL0224) - youngest son of 'John the Convict' - (no, he wasn't a bigamist).
20 June 2009
- Revised Tree 101 - descendants of David Pluck and Sarah King. Added the family of Benjamin Pluck (PL0531).
19 June 2009
- New Twig 4 - descendants of Sarah Pluck of St Neots and West Wickham. [The previous Twig 4 is now incorporated into Tree 12].
27 March 2009
- Revised Twig 11 - increased in size from 32 to 61 people bringing it more or less up to date.
15 March 2009
- Revised Tree 6 - some minor changes including the addition of the two husbands of Harriet Pluck (PL31) (now 158 people).
12 March 2009
- New Tree 16 added - It contains 25 people, mostly living in East London, the descendants of Henry Pluck who was born in Braintree.
- Revised Tree 6 - to take account of new Tree 16 (now 156 people)..
- Revised Tree 12 - also linked to Tree 6, increasing in size from 12 to 16 people.
22 February 2009
- Revised Tree 11 - Increased from 35 to 45 people. Supporting files added and Name List file updated.
17 October 2008
- Revised Twig 12 - Corrected a minor error: the marriage of Jessie Elizabeth Pluckrose to George Davis took place in Q4 1914 and NOT Q4 1916.
9 October 2008
- Revised Tree 1010 - Edward Pluckrose (PL1530) should be Edwin and not Edward. Name List file updated.
- Revised Twig 16 - Eliza Ann Pluck (PL2519) : year of birth should be 1890 and not 1889. Name List file updated.
11 May 2008
- Revised Tree 1010 - Increased from 100 to 119 people. Name List file updated.
17 April 2008
- Revised Tree 1010 - Increased from 90 to 100 people. Name List file updated.
16 April 2008
- Revised Tree 13 - Increased from 38 to 55 people. A major correction: I have "divorced" Agnes Jane Blatch from William Pluck (PL0944) and married her to the correct William (PL2570). Name List file updated.
27 March 2008
- Revised Twig 13 - Minor amendments. Name List file updated.
27 March 2008
- Revised Twig 11 - Bertram Edward Pluckrose (PL2350) and Adelaide Elizabeth Pluckrose (PL2351) were assigned to the wrong parents. Reassigned to the correct parents, and two new people added to the tree. Name List file updated.
25 March 2008
- New Twig 17 - the descendants of William and Bridget Pluck of Ashton-under-Lyne. Name List file updated.
18 March 2008
- Updated Tree 6 - the descendants of John Pluck Jnr and Elizabeth Coe of Saffron Walden and Braintree. Name List file updated.
15 March 2008
- New Twig 16 - the descendants of William Pluck and Jane Collins of St Neots and Wisbech. Name List file updated.
10 March 2008
- Updated Tree 101 - some new material incorporated, but major change has been to correct the dual/simultaneous marriage of Kate Wisbey to Frederick James Pluck (PL 548) and to Frank Pluck (PL 534). Kate was married to Frank Pluck. There is no evidence that Frederick ever married. Revised Name List file.
1 March 2008
- The Notes file for Tree 1007 modified to include a new section about John Hambleton Pluckrose.
1 March 2008
- New Twig 15 - the family of George Pluckrose and Miriam Wrightson of Hammersmith. Name List file updated.
28 February 2008
- New Twig 14 - descendants of William and Elizabeth Pluck of Enfield. Name List file updated.
24 February 2008
- Updated Tree 11 - descendants of Jabez Pluck and and Elizabeth Woolfe (Braintree) - increased from 20 to 35 people. Name List file updated.
21 February 2008
- New Twig 13 - descendants of Robert Pluckrose and Ann Potter (Woodford and East London). This Twig links directly to Tree 1006. Name List file updated.
18 February 2008
- New Twig 12 - descendants of Richard Pluckrose and Sarah Vale (Westminster). This Twig links directly to Tree 1006. Name List file updated.
15 February 2008
- Revised Twig 11 - with rewritten Notes file. Minor additions to Tree 1007. Name List file updated.
11 February 2008
- New Twig 11 - possible descendants of Ann Pluckrose (Epping and West Ham). Name List file updated.
2 February 2008
- Seven people added to Tree 8 - a second wife (and family) for John Pluck (PL0492) of Wendens Ambo. Tree maps updated.
31 January 2008
- New Tree 15 - tree and tables uploaded (Edmonton and Watford Plucks). Name List file updated. This tree links directly to Tree 4.
23 January 2008
- New Twig 10 - tree and tables uploaded (Durham Plucks). Name List file updated.
22 January 2008
- Minor amendments to Tree 1010. Two more people added (another wife and child for James Pluckrose (PL1950). Tables and Name List file updated.
17 January 2008
- Minor amendments to Tree 10. Three more people added. Tables and Name List file updated.
14 January 2008
- Section on the Irish branch of the Plucks revised and expanded.
6 January 2008
- Tree 1005 (Jersey Plucks) revised and taken back another generation. Six more people added. Tables and Name List file updated.
4 January 2008
- Twig 9 revised - to take account of 1911 census of Dublin. Three more people added.
26 December 2007
- New Tree 1012 - tree and tables uploaded (Woodford and East London Pluckroses). This new tree incorporates Twig 4 which was uploaded on 19 December; Twig 4 removed. Downloadable Names List file updated (now 2147 people).
24 December 2007
- Some minor additions to Tree 1007 - tree and tables uploaded.
20 December 2007
- New Tree 1011 tree and tables uploaded (Gilston 1600-1770).
20 December 2007
- Revised Tree 1010 tree and tables uploaded. Minor amendments only (mostly to Notes file).
19 December 2007
- Revised Twig 4 tree and tables uploaded. George John Pluckrose (PL1539) was "married" to the wrong wife - read an explanation .
24 November 2007
- New Twig 4 (more East End Pluckroses), and associated tables added. Names List updated.
20 November 2007
- Downloadable Names list file updated (now 1946 people) .
18 November 2007
- An error in Twig 7 has required changes to Twig 7 and Tree 1009, and their supporting file - read an explanation.
18 November 2007
- Tree 1010 and supporting files amended (correction of date of Emma Abell's [PL1935] death).
5 November 2007
- Twig 4 expanded, revised, and uploaded as Tree 102 together with supporting tables.
4 November 2007
- Site search facility added. A new downloadable Names List file added. Help section expanded.
2 November 2007
- Errors in Tree1007 (Harlow
and East London Pluckroses) corrected - read
New Tree1010 (East London and Scotland Pluckroses) added.
27 September 2007
- Several trees from the Irish branch of the Plucks added; Tree 1009 is the main addition, supported by Twigs 5-9. A new page on the Irish branch added to the Miscellany section.
22 August 2007
- Tree 101 revised, redrawn and increased in size from 105 to 129 people. New supporting tables added.
20 August 2007
- Tree 6 (and supporting tables) further revised and increased in size from 115 to 130 people.
13 August 2007
- Tree 6 revised, redrawn and increased in size from 69 to 115 people. New supporting tables added.
29 July 2007
- Twig 1 revised and one more person added; Tree1006 revised and one more person added; Tree1008 revised and seven more people added.
28 July 2007
- Twig 4 (Linton) Pluckroses added to the Twigs section.
25 July 2007
- Twig 2 (Cheshunt) and Twig 3 (Little Hadham ) Pluckroses added to the Twigs section.
23 July 2007
- Tree 1007 (Wanstead and Marylebone) Pluckroses added to the Orphan Tree section.
14 July 2007
- A few minor changes made to Tree 8 (Wendens Ambo and Cambridge) and five new persons added.
9 July 2007
- A few minor corrections made to Tree 8 (Wendens Ambo and Cambridge) and five new persons added.
25 June 2007
- Twig 1 (Deptford and Greenwich) the descendants of Benjamin Pluckrose and Elizabeth (26 people) added. Twigs are a new class of small orphan trees.
12 June 2007
- Tree 8 (Wendens Ambo) revised and expanded (58 people - 90 people) to include Cambridge Plucks.
1 June 2007
- Maps showing the distribution of Plucks and Pluckroses at the time of the 1881 census added to a slightly revised Name Origins page.
30 May 2007
- Tree 10 (West Ham 2 ) expanded to include an Australian branch (courtesy of Leon Pluck) and completely redrawn.
- Names list, Source list and Notes file added.
26 May 2007
- Tree 107 (Paddington Plucks) expanded to include the Tonbridge branch, renumbered to Tree 13 and then promoted to the "Linked Trees" section.
- Minor modification made to Tree 104 (New Zealand Plucks), tree renumbered to Tree 14 and then promoted to the "Linked Trees" section.
- Minor changes made to Tree 5 (Kent branch) to reflect changes in trees 104 and 107.
- Tree maps updated.
16 May 2007
- Tree 1007 (Harlow and East London Pluckroses) added to the Orphan Tree section.
1 May 2007
- Rewritten site uploaded. New format simplifies navigation and makes it easier to introduce more hyperlinks between sections.
28 April 2007
- Name-lists, note files and source lists added to the trees in the "Orphan tree" section.
22 April 2007
- An account of the shooting of Charlotte Pluckrose by her husband added to the History section.
18 April 2007
- Tree 1006 (East London Pluckroses) added to the Orphan Tree section.
14 November 2006
- Tree 1005 (Jersey Plucks) added to the Orphan Tree section. This is the first tree from the Irish Pluck branch.
23 October 2006
- Will of Joseph Pluckrose added to Wills section (with image of original document).
26 August 2005
- Three Wills added to the History section.
23 August 2005
- The article on the Pluckrose and Pluck names in the Miscellany section updated.
- The History section revised and a considerable amount (24 files) of extra information added.
8 July 2005
- Name Table updated to reflect recent changes and additions.
7 July 2005
- Tree 1004 (Melbourn) added to the Orphan Tree section.
5 July 2005
- Tree 1003 (Fowlmere and East Anglia) added to the Orphan Tree section.
4 July 2005
- Tree ONS 49 renamed Tree1001 and Tree ONS 52 renamed Tree 1002. This is to simplify the management of the Orphan trees section as it grows. Content is unaffected.
15 May 2005
- Tree ONS52 (Enfield and the Middlesborough Branch) added to the Orphan Tree section (together with a Notes file).
- Name Table updated to include ONS52 data.
8 May 2005
- Updated Name Table (incorporating ONS49 data).
7 May 2005
- Trees section (which has grown too large) completely revised to make it easier to navigate and to reduce the size of some of the pages.
- New 'Orphan Trees' section added.
- Tree ONS49 (Bottisham and Poplar) added to the Orphan tree section. The first Notes file added (to be read in conjunction with tree ONS49.
23 March 2005
- Order of entries in this log reversed to make reference easier and faster.
22 February 2005
- Minor changes to Tree 101
28 October 2004
- Tree 9 updated and 18 new persons added
- Tree 10 updated and 3 new persons added
- Tree 101 updated and 13 new persons added
- New name table compiled to reflect additions to trees 9,10 and 101
- Tree page improved. Options to download both .tdr and .emf version of the tree-map included.
5 October 2004
- The Will of John Streche added to the History section
4 October 2004
- Table compiled that lists everyone shown in the trees
- Account of James Pluckrose's criminal activities added to the History section
- Extract from Lay Subsidy Roll added to the History section
24 September 2004
- All trees recompiled and redrawn to a new standard to improve legibility
- Tree 5 (Kent branch) modified to include family of Edward and Sarah Pluck (and others)
- Tree 6 modified to show the links to the Witham and Colchester branches
- Tree 8 (Wendens Ambo) now shows some of the family of Frederick Pluck and Ada Chipperfield
- Map upgraded
4 September 2004
- New unlinked tree (Tree 107: the Paddington branch) added
- Map upgraded
1 September 2004
- New linked tree (Tree 12: the Colchester branch) added
- New unlinked tree (Tree 106: the Witham branch) added
- Map upgraded
13 August 2004
- New unlinked tree (Tree 105: the descendants of William Pluck and Sarah Cutts of Braintree) added
- Small modification to Tree 7
- Map upgraded
22 May 2004
- Option to download treedraw files (in addition to enhanced metafile) added to the Trees and Tables section
8 May 2004
- Major re-write of the site, including a new navigation system.
- All ten existing trees re-compiled and re-drawn. New data in the Arkesden, Wendens Ambo and West Ham 1 and 2 trees.
- A new linked tree (Tree 11 - descendants of Jabez Pluck of Braintree) added.
- Four new (possibly linked) trees added:
- 101: the descendants of David Pluck and Sarah King of Arkesden
- 102: the descendants of John Pluckrose and Joan Hockley of Linton
- 103: the Weston Colville branch
- 104: the New Zealand branch
- A 'map' showing the relationship between all 15 trees
- Brief biographies added to all of the Pluck and Pluckrose casualties listed on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website
22 December 2003
- The Arkesden tree has had some minor modification and corrections made to it.
- A new tree, linked to the Arkesden tree and covering Wendens Ambo, has been added.
- The Wendens Ambo tree, in turn, has two new trees descending from it - West Ham 1 and West Ham 2. The latter has a link to some New Zealand Plucks (but not to the main New Zealand branch, which is still searching for a link to the main tree). I am indebted to Dave Carter for providing much of this information.
- added a new section in the 'Pluck and Pluckrose Histories' pages which sheds some interesting insights into the hardships of life in Saffron Walden in the early 1800s. It contains much information gleaned from the Saffron Walden town archives about individual Plucks and their families who had fallen on hard times or who had got into trouble with the law.
12 April 2003
- First seven trees added
4 September 2002
- 1901 census data added
7 July 2002
- Debt of Honour register data from the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website added
9 May 2002
- Site launched